Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00120-23
Salary: $36 per hour
Department: Parks Department
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have achieved a fully vaccinated status against the COVID-19 virus. “Fully vaccinated status” shall be defined as having received the full number of doses required to complete the vaccination series of one of the currently recognized COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of vaccination completion will be required before beginning employment with the City.
Under direct supervision of City of Providence Parks Department Design Team Manager, the Landscape Designer will work at an advanced level to produce design deliverables for competitive bidding of Park Improvement projects including CAD and GIS based plans and specifications. Projects types include playground, waterpark, recreation field and court improvements.
Position is temporary, available immediately and may lead to additional per diem work.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with coursework or experience in arcGIS, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite.
- 3-5 years work experience in similar capacity.
- Experience with production of large scale projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and courteously.
- Demonstrable experience and comfort, working effectively with a wide range of people.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Posting expires when filled