Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00092-23
Salary: $55,766 – $60,677
Job Grade Level: A11
Department: City Council
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have achieved a fully vaccinated status against the COVID-19 virus. “Fully vaccinated status” shall be defined as having received the full number of doses required to complete the vaccination series of one of the currently recognized COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of vaccination completion will be required before beginning employment with the City.
The Bilingual Confidential Executive Assistant provides exceptional administrative support to the Chief of Staff. In this capacity, the Executive Assistant ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the Chief of Staff’s office and provides the City Council Administration with translation and interpretation services. The Confidential Executive Assistant supports other senior staff members with unwavering dedication, fostering a collaborative and cohesive work environment. This position is essential for facilitating the successful execution of high-level administrative tasks and maintaining open lines of communication between the Chief of Staff, Council members, other departments, community organizations, and the public. The Confidential Executive Assistant – Bilingual exemplifies exceptional organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities deftly, and a history of providing superior administrative support in a fast-paced work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Manage all incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate individuals.
2. Respond to a diverse range of queries or refer them to the relevant staff members.
3. Schedule and maintain the Chief of Staff’s calendar, as well as assist other senior staff members with scheduling when necessary.
4. Collect background information for external meetings and events attended by the Chief of Staff, Senior Staff, and Council members, if needed.
5. Maintain simple records and prepare reports as required.
6. Manage Council Office contact lists, including constituents, community groups, businesses, Council members, administrative offices, and other governmental agencies.
7. Initiate contact with relevant city departments/agencies and monitor the progress of requests, while keeping the originator informed until completion.
8. Establish and nurture effective working relationships with Council members, other departments, agencies, and the general public.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least two years of experience in a high-level administrative position with increasing responsibilities. Alternatively, an associate degree with a minimum of three years of professional experience demonstrating a track record of increased responsibility.
2. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently to meet deadlines.
3. Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
4. Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish.
5. Proven ability to deliver high-quality administrative services in a fast-paced work environment.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Council members, Council staff, other departments, community organizations, and the general public.
7. Capable of performing additional tasks as necessary.
8. Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job as defined.
Posting expires when position is filled.