Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00088-23
Salary: $70,936 — $77,550
Job Grade Level: A16
Department: Planning and Development
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have achieved a fully vaccinated status against the COVID-19 virus. “Fully vaccinated status” shall be defined as having received the full number of doses required to complete the vaccination series of one of the currently recognized COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of vaccination completion will be required before beginning employment with the City.
Under general supervision of the Executive Director of the PRA or his/her Designee, the Project Manager performs responsible administrative, technical planning, and urban redevelopment work of a complex and professional nature in assisting Executive Director in the conduct of Agency projects and initiatives and program of work in all its phases; and related work as required. Work assignments are received from the Executive Director or designee and afford latitude in the exercise of independent judgment in planning work details and assigning work to subordinates. Work elements include writing, public speaking, collaboration with other city departments and outside stakeholders and the use of various types of computer software and programs including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation, and mapping. Work is reviewed in its broader aspects for compliance with the standards and principles of community planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provides project management and project implementation support for PRA initiatives, programs and projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Director of Real Estate and staff to manage, design and coordinate the planning, implementation, and day-to-day operation of a variety of PRA projects and initiatives, including such programs as the Providence Housing Trust.
- Leads efforts to advance redevelopment of key properties, manage PRA portfolio and execute programs to eliminate blight in Providence neighborhoods. Implements development projects that require engagement with key staff across the Department, with external stakeholders, and other city Departments.
- Represents the PRA at various meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, City Planning, Urban Design, Architecture or equivalent. A Master’s degree or Law Degree is preferred. Four to seven years of progressively increased responsibility related to real estate, real estate law, urban planning, economic project management, or related field. A firm understanding of the development process, business and zoning regulation required. Current familiarity with the City of Providence economy, commercial, institutional and industrial bases and neighborhoods is required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of municipal, state, and federal statutes, ordinances and codes related to municipal land use planning, zoning, and development and redevelopment.
- The ability to oversee the work of others engaged in city redevelopment projects as consultants, as well as assist in the supervision of the PRA internal staff.
- When required, the ability to publicly represent the Providence Redevelopment Agency on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Strong leadership, decision making, organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to identify key issues and to carry forward an idea or project from conception through execution.
- Ability to perform complex technical research and analysis, compile comprehensive reports and make recommendations for the practicable applications of findings.
- Demonstrated history of taking initiative in managing complex planning projects and working effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and to undertake supervisory responsibilities as needed. Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite.
Posting expires when filled