Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00071-23
Job Grade Level: A22
Department: Public Works
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have achieved a fully vaccinated status against the COVID-19 virus. “Fully vaccinated status” shall be defined as having received the full number of doses required to complete the vaccination series of one of the currently recognized COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of vaccination completion will be required before beginning employment with the City.
The Curbside Administrator reports to the Director of Public Works or their designee and manages various aspects of multi-modal curbside utilization and allocation including fee collection equipment and methods, the shared micro-mobility program, parking permit programs, curb and parking regulations, valet services, and delivery and transportation network companies in the City of Providence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers, directs, and supervises the work of subordinates.
- Trains and evaluates staff as well as provides professional leadership and direction.
- Coordinates the placement and maintenance of parking fee collection equipment, including procurement of parts, management of routine and reactive maintenance, implementation of parking payment programs, management of contracts with private vendors, and management of maintenance staff.
- Manages regulation signage pertinent to curb space allocation, including engaging with stakeholders on changes, creating work orders, and implementing processes for analyzing proposed changes.
- Coordinates the collection of parking and mobility-related fees from parking meters, permits, and Micro mobility permits.
- Manges parking permit programs, bike / e-scooter share permits, valet licenses, delivery and transportation network companies space allocation, and other programs operating in the City.
- Engages with members of the public and other stakeholders in processing requests and proposing changes to the curb and parking lane’s regulation and management.
- Monitors parking and curb space utilization and rates/pricing, fee collection policies and procedures.
- Recommends and implements policies, goals, objectives, and best practices related to existing and emerging curb management options including effective parking programs, micro-mobility and shared mobility programs, and delivery and transportation network companies’ use of the curb in a way that provides equitable and safe access to people who live, work in, and visit Providence.
- Assists in preparing budgets that address the needs of program operation and administration, maintenance of fee collection equipment, projections of revenues generated through the parking program, shared mobility and micro-mobility programs, and other curbside management and pricing programs.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
- Apply appropriate state and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Serve in the capacity of Traffic Engineer during the absence of the latter.
- Develops and regularly updates a curbside management plan that articulates the City’s values and priorities for managing the curb, including parking, loading, bus stops, valet access, and shared mobility and micro-mobility access.
- Collects and manages data, including financial, asset, maintenance, parking/curb lane inventory and utilization, Micromobility, and other planning and curb-management related data, utilizing spreadsheets, data dashboards, and ArcGIS.
- Develops policies, programs, and metrics to optimize curb utilization in the City of Providence based on city goals.
- Establishes and measures performance metrics and targets for curbside management, including equity, safety, and other measures of the public good.
- Represents the department to internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Collaborative, results-oriented analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, public administration or policy, planning, business, transportation, or a related field. (A Master’s Degree in one of the above related fields is preferred.)
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a highly responsible capacity reflecting administrative and managerial ability and experience of a professional nature in handling governmental programs or substantially equivalent experience as determined by the Director of Public Works.
- Understanding of contemporary curbside management and mobility management programs– including, but not limited to parking, bike/e-scooter share, car share, delivery, and transportation network companies.
- Demonstrated ability in administering and managing programs in connection with support of municipal services or activities, including excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience is required.
- Computer-oriented with competency in various accounting, spreadsheet, word processing, and other computer programs. Proficiency in GIS is preferred but not required.
- Ability to initiate and direct the process of technical research and data analysis, compilation of comprehensive reports, and the practical application of findings.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with employees, department heads, elected officials, and the public.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Posting expires when position is filled.