Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00064-23
Salary: $62,632 – $68,460
Job Grade Level: A-14
Department: Human Resources
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have achieved a fully vaccinated status against the COVID-19 virus. “Fully vaccinated status” shall be defined as having received the full number of doses required to complete the vaccination series of one of the currently recognized COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of vaccination completion will be required before beginning employment with the City.
Working under the general direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, coordinates advanced confidential administrative support for a full-service municipal Human Resources department, including but not limited to the development and issuance of departmental communications, tracking and answering of Union grievances and arbitration demands, scheduling of management staff, and provision of administrative support with departmental training initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops clear and accessible communications campaigns designed to promulgate Human Resources policies, programs, and initiatives in a manner that engages, motivates, and informs the City’s diverse employee base.
- Maintains Outlook calendars and daily scheduling for several Human Resources employees.
- Provides general office support to management staff in the City’s Personnel and Benefits divisions.
- Receives, processes, and tracks incoming Union grievances and arbitration demands, schedules arbitration hearings, and provides follow-up communication, where required.
- Provides logistical support to and assists with the facilitation of Departmental training initiatives.
- Assists with special projects, Departmental initiatives, and other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree and three (3) years of experience in Human Resources, Marking/Communications, or allied field; or a combination of education and experience substantially equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience communicating information related to policy and initiatives in a clear and engaging style, accessible to a broad base of employees.
- Working knowledge of the basic principles and practices of human resources, including employee health benefits administration.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software suite, as well as email and calendar software commonly used in office environments.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and materials in a careful and discrete manner.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, multi-functional environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Posting expires when the position is filled.