Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00021-22
Job Grade Level:
Department: Mayor’s Office
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have achieved a fully vaccinated status against the COVID-19 virus. “Fully vaccinated status” shall be defined as having received the full number of doses required to complete the vaccination series of one of the currently recognized COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of vaccination completion will be required before beginning employment with the City.
The Mayor’s Office is seeking a Community Outreach Coordinator in the Mayor’s Center for City Services (MCCS). The Coordinator will be responsible for assisting Providence residents with applying for the Affordable Connectivity Benefit. The Coordinator will be tasked with working with the other City departments and agencies to support program initiatives and act as liaison to community organizations working to get internet access in the homes of people who need it. Specifically, the Broadband Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating and supporting the City’s Broadband Affordable Connectivity initiative with support from the Director of External Affairs and other city departments.
- Participating in trainings, scheduled calls and progress meetings, and disseminating relevant information to relevant City departments and stakeholders.
- Acting as a point of reference for community organizations, stakeholders and City staff regarding the application process, information portal and documentation requirements for the Broadband Affordable Connectivity Benefit.
- Providing direct one on one assistance with the application process for residents including collecting documentation, uploading to the portal and maintaining contact with clientele
- Tracking, monitoring, and updating the status of applications submitted through the City of Providence initiative
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of External Affairs and the cities recovery team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent relevant work experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to interact professionally with colleagues and external partners
- Ability to learn quickly and be effective in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential information
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required
This is a grant-funded position through the American Rescue Plan for 12 months with no guarantee of extension.
Posting expires when filled.