Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00010-22
Salary: $67,353 -$73.634
Job Grade Level: A-16
Department: Parks Department
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have achieved a fully vaccinated status against the COVID-19 virus. “Fully vaccinated status” shall be defined as having received the full number of doses required to complete the vaccination series of one of the currently recognized COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of vaccination completion will be required before beginning employment with the City.
Under direct supervision of Design Team Manager, the Landscape Designer will work at an advanced level to provide design deliverables for public bid purposes including CAD and GIS based plans, and technical specifications; and to develop Illustrative images for public presentations and public query tools for the Providence Parks Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct site reconnaissance and surveying of parks as needed to create existing condition plans.
- Assemble base plans for park improvement projects that may include GIS information, previous or historical plans, consultant or vendor plans, registered professional surveys and aerial imaging.
- Preparation of CAD drawings from concept to full construction documents – including but not limited to demolition, site construction, grading and drainage, planting, site sections, details and as-built plans.
- Preparation of conceptual graphics for visioning and presentations, whether computer-generated or hand drawn.
- Perform all duties related to design, contract procurement and observation of construction for proposed projects by contractors and park employees.
- Assist with growth of construction detail CAD library that coincides with specifications, RIDOT standards, and DPW standards.
- Preparation of GIS mapping of park wide system park lands.
- Assist with management of archival system for historical plans and system for future archiving of project hard copy and electronic files.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited college or university
- Computer literate in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office software, ArcGIS Online
- 3-5 year’s work experience including contract administration in similar capacity
- Experience managing large scale projects
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously
- Experience working with neighborhood groups and public officials
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s license
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job
- Familiarity with Providence Parks system preferred
Posting expires when position is filled.