Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00010-22
Salary: $70,736 –$77.370
Job Grade Level: A-17
Department: Parks Department
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have achieved a fully vaccinated status against the COVID-19 virus. “Fully vaccinated status” shall be defined as having received the full number of doses required to complete the vaccination series of one of the currently recognized COVID-19 vaccines. Proof of vaccination completion will be required before beginning employment with the City.
Under direct supervision of Design Team Manager, the Landscape Architect/Designer will work at an advanced level to provide design deliverables for public bid purposes including CAD and GIS based plans, and technical specifications; and to develop Illustrative images for public presentations and public query tools for the Providence Parks Department.
This is a 6-month position with the possibility of a 6-month extension.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct site reconnaissance and surveying of parks as needed to create existing condition plans.
- Assemble base plans for park improvement projects that may include GIS information, previous or historical plans, consultant or vendor plans, registered professional surveys and aerial imaging.
- Preparation of CAD drawings from concept to full construction documents – including but not limited to demolition, site construction, grading and drainage, planting, site sections, details and as-built plans.
- Preparation of conceptual graphics for visioning and presentations, whether computer-generated or hand drawn.
- Perform all duties related to design, contract procurement and observation of construction for proposed projects.
- Manage the construction of projects done by contractors and park employees.
- Develop cost estimates for projects.
- Update Parks Maintenance Document website.
- Assist with supervision of seasonal interns regarding park improvement projects, GIS apps, and archiving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Registered Landscape Architect in RI with stamp preferred
- Demonstrated familiarity with Providence parks system
- Five (5) years of experience in landscape architecture within a municipal setting
- Computer literate in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office software, ArcGIS Online
- Experience working with neighborhood groups and public officials.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s license
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job
Posting expires when filled.