Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00161-21
Salary: $81,853 to $89,478
Job Grade Level: A20
Department: Police Department
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All persons employed by the City of Providence are required to have completed a full vaccination series against the COVID-19 virus or submit to weekly COVID-19 PCR testing.
All employees whose job descriptions indicate a significant interaction with minors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 virus with no option for weekly testing.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare annual budgets for all Public Safety Departments which includes the Commissioner’s Office, Police Department, Fire Department, Communications Department, and the Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security.
• Monitor all Public Safety Department budgets and expenditures on a monthly basis and review with respective Department Director any problems or meet on request.
• Oversight and assuring conformity to city purchasing ordinances and policies concerning all purchasing requests submitted by the Public Safety Departments.
• Approves in a timely manner all requisitions and payments required by all Public Safety Departments.
• Oversight of implementation of citywide payroll and human resource policies, as well as adherence to the Local 1033 Contract, IAFF Local 799 Fire Contract, and FOP Lodge No. 3 Contract as they relate to Public Safety payroll.
• Maintain and periodically update spreadsheets containing the employment status of all sworn and civilian public safety employees.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely quarterly financial reporting on all Federal and State grants awarded to all Public Safety Departments.
• Assist with the preparation and proper usage of grants for all departments.
• Serve as the financial liaison between federal and state grant representatives concerning any issues with grant guidelines, budgets, or expenditures.
• Responsible for reporting to the U.S. Department of the Treasury for the Federal Annual Certification Report. This is an annual report regarding the adherence to the guidelines for federally-seized monies.
• Perform an annual audit of the Narcotics & Organized Crime Division’s funds.
• Responsible for confirming all seized fund deposits from the State Attorney General to City funds.
• Oversee and account for all special fund balances to include: the spray/neuter account, fire range account, fire inspection, federal seizure, state seizure, as well as all Public Safety grant fund balances.
• Responsible for compiling data for the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report due to the Controller’s Office.
• Provide Board of Contract and Supply oversight for all public safety departments.
• Provide overtime/callback status as required to Public Safety Directors.
• Report to Deputy Commissioner of Public Safety any anomalies and perform analyses upon request.
• Responsible for auditing Public Safety Time and Attendance Reporting System.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from an accredited college or university or any combination of education, experience and training that clearly demonstrates the applicant’s ability to excel in the functions of this position.
• Excellent writing, verbal, analytical, spreadsheet, and computer skills.
• Proficient working knowledge of Excel.
• Knowledge of SharePoint and Lawson software programs.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with Department Heads, Finance and Administration Staff, and sworn and civilian employees.
• Strong organizational and record-keeping skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently while contributing to and valuing an overall team structure.
• Ability to organize work assignments to meet deadlines.