Job Type: Non-Union
Job Posting: COP-00145-21
Salary: $61,104 – $66,790
Department: Human Resources
The City of Providence welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce at all levels of the organization. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit hiring discrimination of any type. All City hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), the Human Resources Performance Analyst reviews and documents data collection and reporting processes within the department, and proposes recommendations to the HR management team on process improvement projects. This position will be responsible for streamlining operations, creating efficiencies, and producing standard operating procedures for the Benefits, Workers Compensation, Personnel, and EEO functions of Human Resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the Human Resources management team to identify priorities and opportunities to document and improve processes.
- Independently manages projects aimed at documenting processes, standardizing data collection practices, and integrating functions and data sources within HR.
- Prepares reports on HR outcomes and key performance indicators, working with management in HR to identify outputs designed to measure, track, and set goals.
- Prepares and delivers trainings for HR team on data collection and analysis practices.
- Analyzes and presents data and reports to the appropriate stakeholders, identifying errors and advising on solutions.
- Supports the development of an HR continuity of operations plan, to ensure institutional knowledge is recorded and passed on before employees transition to new roles.
- Supports citywide management training efforts, including preparing written advisories and presentations on HR processes and policies that affect internal procedures.
- Assists in development and implementation of the City performance review process, supporting and tracking implementation, compliance, and outcomes.
- Supports the development and delivery of various confidential trainings.
- Collaborates and works with employees at varying levels in the department to standardize processes and promote best practices.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences in fields such as human resources or business administration, and a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, including demonstrated experience conducting the job functions listed above.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and audit datasets, including advanced spreadsheet data analysis and database management.
- Experience digitizing processes, preferably in a government setting.
- Ability to condense technical and legal information and present such material tailored to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of general HR protocols and practices, including best practices in personnel and benefit processes.
- Understanding of confidentiality best practices and HIPAA compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma process improvement practices preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as contributing member of a diverse and technical team.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships in a manner which prioritizes sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Presentation skills sufficient to facilitate training and informational sessions to groups of stakeholders and organizational leaders.
- Exceptional proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Organizational skills to support both independent project management assisting project teams in meeting objectives within timeframes specified by the CHRO.
Posting expires on: